Need a quick snack to make for a party? Here’s an easy recipe using purchased oyster crackers. Be sure to make enough, because these herbed crackers are addictive!
This post may contain affiliate links – meaning I receive tiny commissions for purchases made through those links at no cost to you. Please read my disclosure policy for more information.
Easy to make herbed crackers
You only need a few ingredients to make these yummy herbed crackers.
- 1 cup oil (I use canola oil)
- 2 packages of any brand of Ranch Dressing mix (or use a DIY recipe for ranch dressing mix)
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. dill
- 1 tsp. lemon pepper
(I use heaping teaspoons full of each)
- 2 12-14 oz. boxes of oyster crackers
***Note: don’t add any salt! The dry ranch dressing mix already has plenty!
- Whisk the first 5 ingredients together in a 2 cup measuring cup.
- Use a large plastic container or recycle 2 plastic bags and put one inside the other.
- Empty both boxes of crackers into the bag/container.
- Pour the oil mixture over the crackers. If using plastic bags, tie the bags tightly, and gently rotate the bag/container to blend the mixture.
- Rotate the bag/container every few hours.
These crackers are best eaten after a full 24 hours of soaking up all the herbed goodness.
Store in an airtight container.