If you are looking for a quick, raw vegetable summertime lunch, you have got to try this zesty zoodles recipe. If you are not familiar with them, zoodles are “noodles” made from fresh zucchini – made with a special gadget called a spiralizer.
This post may contain affiliate links – meaning I receive tiny commissions for purchases made through those links at no cost to you. Please read my disclosure policy for more information.
Every summer, the garden produces tons (and tons) of zucchini. What I don’t shred and freeze for zucchini brownies and zucchini bread, I use the smaller zucchini to make this refreshing raw vegetable recipe, which I call Zesty Zoodles.
Zesty Zoodles Ingredients
- 1 zucchini, spiralized. Choose a zucchini that is roughly 7 – 9″ long and 2″ wide.
- 1 carrot; shredded
- 1/4 cup shredded red cabbage. If you don’t want to buy a whole red cabbage, you can find packages of shredded red cabbage in the produce aisle of your grocery store.
- 1/4 cup sliced green onion (optional)
- 2 1/2 tablespoons tahini
- 1 1/2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 tablespoon low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1/4 tsp minced ginger
- 1 clove minced garlic
- 1/4 cup coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
Combine all the raw vegetables in a bowl.
In a separate bowl, whisk together the remaining ingredients.
Pour the sauce over the vegetables, and toss to coat thoroughly.
Serve immediately, or refrigerate to chill. No need to wait for the sauce to permeate the veggies.